Thank you for your interest in the work of T.L.C. Children's Trust.
This page contains some very basic details.
Our registered reason for existing is stated as:
"The charity's objects are to relieve the needs of orphans and other underprivileged children and young people in Kenya in particular but not exclusively by the provision of funds for food, clothing, accommodation, education and medical care".
We channel all our funds to the Home of Peace Children's Home near Siaya in Kenya.
We are in contact with Home of Peace every day and Marilyn is on the Management Team and Chair of their Board of Trustees so we are able to verify where every penny is spent.
Since we started supporting this home we have achieved the following:
NOTE This is in addition to providing the children with food, accommodation, clothing, medical care and an education -
* Built 2 toilet blocks with wash rooms. Prior to this the children used a local field. This has had a significant positive impact on their health.
* Built and equipped a nursery room for the young children.
* Erected a security fence around the property to protect them from predators (human and animal).
* Provided beds, bedding, mosquito nets etc. for all the children.
* Provided all the children who are of school going age with school fees, exam fees, uniforms, text books, note books etc.
* Repainted and repaired the dormitories
* Established a first-aid system which has reduced the money spent sending children to the local medical clinic for minor injuries.
* Built and equipped a permanent kitchen in 2014
IN 2015 WE WERE INFORMED THAT THE HOME NEEDED TO BE REGISTERED WITH THE KENYAN GOVERNMENT AND TO MEET THEIR REQUIREMENTS WE HAVE DONE THE FOLLOWING.